"Lift your hearts
a little higher
and let God
be the measure
of all things."
MASS TIMES (with safety measures):
Saturday at 5:30 pm and Sunday at 9:30 am
Tuesday and Thursday at 9 am
COMMUNION SERVICES (with safety measures):
Wednesday and Friday at 9 am
FIRST FRIDAY EUCHARISTIC ADORATION & BENEDICTION
First Friday of each month from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm, after the 9:00 am Communion Service. Benediction follows at 2:30pm. Come and pray with our Lord.
Click on this link to go to YouTube to view online Masses:
Online Mass Times:
Saturday at 5:30 pm; Sunday at 9:30 am
Reconciliation - by appointment
Mon - Fri 9 am to 4 pm | Phone: 740-522-5270
Sacramental Emergency: 740-323-6437
57 Dorsey Mill Rd.
Heath, OH 43056-1198
To Register at St. Leonard:
Fill Out Registration Form & return to the Parish Office:
St Leonard Registration Form
Thank you to all who continue to provide their offering during this time. Donating online is easy. Simply click below and follow the directions.
Donate Online Here
Installation of our new Knights of Columbus officers for 2021
2021 DiGiandomenico Awards & Graduates
(From left to right) Brandon Orend, Father Bill Hritsko, Jack Lutz, Andy Bemis
The New St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store Needs Volunteers St. Vincent de Paul (SVDP) was gifted with a building for a second Thrift Store by the Evans Foundation. It is located at 202 E. Main Street in Newark. The store is now open with limited staff. Volunteers are needed to keep it running smoothly. Is there any way that you could help? ANY amount of time you can offer is helpful. Whatever amount of time that fits your schedule is perfect ~ from one hour any day of the week/month to more time than that. And you can select the area where you would like to work, or you can be directed to work where help is most needed when you come in. Please prayerfully consider helping at the SVDP Thrift Store. Call 740-340-1600 and leave a message to let me know when you can volunteer. Together, we can help our homeless neighbors in Licking County.
Guild Membership and Mercy Meals St. Leonard Women's Guild is asking for both men and women volunteers to help set up and clean up for Mercy Meals. You do not need to be an active member. Mercy Meals are provided by the Parish via Women's Guild and help is needed. Thank you. Call Susie Gribble at 740-404-9853 or Vicki Annarino at 740-403-2576 for information or questions/volunteering. All women of the Parish are members of the Guild, if you are interested in actively participating and/ or the meeting time is an issue let Vicki know. Questions or information, call Vicki Annarino, Guild President. 740-403-2576.
Vacation Bible School at OLMC Our sister parish, Our Lady of Mount Carmel, would like to extend an invitation to the children of St. Leonard’s to attend our Vacation Bible School coming in July. The information is listed below. We are back on track! A Vacation Bible School Adventure is headed your way. Mark your calendars to join us July 26 - 30 for The Rocky Railway. Students 4 years old through 6th grade are welcome to climb aboard from 9am to 12pm daily. Rising 7th graders and up are welcome to join us as railway guides. Contact Michelle-Rowley Welsch at [email protected] or Teri Schrader at [email protected] with any questions.
Returning to Full Capacity:
St. Leonard Church, Heath, OH
Effective June 5-6, 2021
The Bishops of Ohio are lifting the dispensation of attendance at Sunday Mass. Beginning the weekend of June 5-6, 2021 – the Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ – the obligation to attend Sunday Mass and Holy Days of Obligation becomes mandatory. Masses that are broadcast through various media are not intended as a substitute nor do they fulfill the obligation for the persons who are able to gather for a Sunday celebration and other Holy Days of Obligation. We will continue to live stream Masses for those who homebound, ill or for some serious reason are unable to attend in person.
While Governor DeWine has lifted all required medical restrictions for the State of Ohio, individual businesses/organizations are permitted to continue use of some or all of them. So, some things that have been in place as cautionary practices will continue for the time being.
To implement the expectations of the Diocese and the people of God who attend OLMC and St. Leonard’s and to still “err on the side of caution” these shifts (we all hate changes) will go into effect beginning the weekend of June 5-6, 2021.
1) For the time being, I am asking all those who attend Mass at our sister parishes to continue wearing masks and sanitizing their hands upon entering the church especially if you have not received a vaccination. This has been the policy for the Diocese all along and will continue to be the case. I and all ministers at the altar and Eucharistic Ministers will be doing so. I am also asking music ministers to do the same, except when they are leading the singing.
2) We will continue to distribute Holy Communion, as we have been, with the ministers coming out the congregation for the time being. We will not be distributing the Precious Blood until further notice.
3) We will reinstate the Exchange of Peace but only with “safe” exchanges such as nods, waves, “fist bumps” and/or verbal exchanges unless it with those whom you have in your “party”.
4) We will not yet have Holy Water in the fonts. If you wish to have Holy Water for personal/home use, please contact the office or someone in the Sacristy and it will be made available for you.
5) Missalettes will be placed in the pews. If you require a print-out of the hymns, a very few will be printed out each week, but note, these will be phased out. If you have your own missalette, please continue to bring it back and forth as you have been.
6) Confessions will regularly be held Saturdays prior to Mass: 4:44 pm – 5:15 pm.
7) Entry to the church will continue to be only through the Main Door. You may exit by that way or the “Classroom Door”. NOTE: The Classroom Door will be kept locked so you will not be able to re-enter by that door.
8) We will continue to keep the ribbons on alternating pews as we currently have. The ribbons in the middle of the longer pews will be removed. Currently, there are around 150 spaces available for seating; we have not yet reached that number in Sunday attendance. The remaining ribbons may be removed as necessary for larger families or groups. As attendance increases or other recommendations come to us we will remove the remaining ribbons.
I encourage everyone to receive a vaccination against Covid-19 and its variants. It is recommended also by Bishop Brennan and the Bishops of Ohio. It is not immoral and considered to be properly moral to receive one as it not only helps the individual but also the whole of the community to be protected from this deadly pandemic.
Revised: May 25, 2021 – Fr. William Hritsko, Pastor
Fr. Gribble celebrates the 40th Anniversary of Priesthood this weekend May 15 -16th. You may send cards either to St. Leonard Church, 57 Dorsey Mill Road, Heath, Ohio 43056 or to his home address at 13644 Juniper Road, NE, Thornville, Ohio 43076. We thank him for his 40 years of service in all the churches that he has served. He has been a blessing to so many!
May 17th – a special day for Deacon Larry and Fr. Bill: On May 17th, Deacon Larry celebrated his 18th Anniversry in being a Deacon, and Fr. Bill celebrated his birthday.
St. Leonard Masses are available for viewing on YouTube
Please watch St. Leonard's weekly Mass video recordings. The link to YouTube is listed below. Click on each weekly Mass to view. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzrP3h-vm9LhLfHYQtfRXaA
Click on the link to the St. Leonard Facebook Page here:
Tune in to St. Gabriel Catholic radio programs at 820 AM.
Live stream daily Mass at St. Joseph Cathedral in Columbus at 12:05 pm.
Live stream Sunday Mass at St. Joseph Cathedral in Columbus at 10:30 am.
Use this Link for Cathedral Masses and Columbus Diocese information- https://www.columbuscatholic.org
Readings for the week of August 1, 2021
- Sunday: Ex 16:2-4, 12-15 / Ps 78:3-4, 23-24, 25, 54 [24b] / Eph 4:17, 20-24 / Jn 6:24-35
- Monday: Nm 11:4b-15 / Ps 81:12-13, 14-15, 16-17 [2a] / Mt 14:13-21
- Tuesday: Nm 12:1-13 / Ps 51:3-4, 5-6ab, 6cd-7, 12-13 [cf. 3a] / Mt 14:22-36 or
- Mt 15: 1-2, 10-14
- Wednesday: Nm 13:1-2, 25—14:1, 26-29a, 34-35 / Ps 106:6-7ab, 13-14, 21-22, 23 [4a] / http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/080521.cfm
- Mt 15: 21-28
- Thursday: Nm 20:1-13 / Ps 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9  / Mt 16:13-23
- Friday: Dn 7:9-10, 13-14 / Ps 97:1-2, 5-6, 9 [1a and 9a] / 2 Pt 1:16-19 / Mk 9:2-10
- Saturday: Dn 6:4-13 / Ps 18: 28, 3-4. 47 and 51 / Mk 17:14-20
- Next Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:4-8 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [9a] / Eph 4:30—5:2 / Jn 6:41-51